Thursday, 5 April 2012

Jazzing up salad

As I have said before I am not dieting I am just being really conscious about the food that I eat and am trying to eat healthier and make healthy substitutes for foods I used to eat.

I have swapped my lunchtime sandwich for salad. I have never disliked salad, just never really found it particularly interesting. I have now though. I have been making my own hummus to give the salad a little bit of something. I even treat myself with the odd pitta bread too. Yesterday I treated myself to one of the flatbreads that I made with the dough from the pizza on Sunday. It was yummy!

My favourite hummus at the moment is cannellini bean and it is so easy to make.  Here’s what you need:



  • Cannellini beans
  • Springs of Thyme
  • Paprika
  • Garlic bulb
  • Olive oil
  • Lemon juice
  • Tahini

I whack it in a bowl and wiz it up using a hand blender but you may want to use a posh machine thingy. I don’t measure any ingredients and sometimes I add more or less of some. It really is a recipe that you can play around with until it tastes how you like it. With the liquids, you just need it moist enough to be able to blend nicely.

I think it tastes yummy and I feel nice and healthy eating it too!



No comments:

Post a Comment