Now my bras bless 'em do have to take a lot of strain. I am not a skinny minny that is for certain.
The other day I heard and felt an almighty SNAAAAAAAP!!! There goes one of the wires in me bra again. This happens alot which is a real shame as the rest of the bra is in really good condition like new really and it seems such a shame to throw it away because that is all it is good for, landfill. It's not as if you can give it to the charity collection.
Well that is what I thought anyway until I put a post on a forum asking for advice on what to do with used bras. One of the ladies suggested that I repair it. I didn't think you could buy new underwires but oh yes indeedy you can.
Here: http://www.sewing4u.co.uk/47-bra-underwires this is just the underwire for approx £2
But here: http://www.thebraangel.com/#/the-bra-repair/4541283568 is a kit for £2.99 which for the not so good at sewing as me is the perfect solution.
Brilliant.
Not only a few pennies saved but also an environmentally friendly answer to a throw away culture.


Excellent post! Glad to have helped! :)
ReplyDeleteOh, and you can donate old bras to charity - Oxfam had a bra appeal during April and there are other charities too which collect them. If anyone wants to donate old bras, please get in touch with me as I can pass them on for you.