Monday, 14 May 2012

Book Review: Living Organic

I have read so many books over the past couple of years and some of them have been really useful so I wanted to start sharing these with you and doing a bit of a review. I am going to intersperse the review posts with other posts.

So here we go. The first every book that I read around the topic is:
Living Organic
This book provides a clear and sensible introductory guide to a complete organic lifestyle. It explains how you and your family can tackle the toxins that surround you and take a healthier, holistic approach to everyday living. Organic food - what's it all about? What's in season and how to cook organic meats and vegetables to get the best out of them (and find out what to do with those nobbly vegetables at the farmers' market). In the home, you'll be amazed at the simple alternatives there are to chemical cleaning products and toxic toiletries that you can buy or make for yourself. Whether you want to grow your own vegetables or just look after the pot plants on your verandah, the organic garden explains everything from the lowly compost heap to natural weed control. Contains information on how children can lead a low toxicity life from conception through to childhood and beyond. Whether you live in a flat in the city or a house in the country, the low toxicity lifestyle is the essential choice for the future. 

I had heard quite a lot about organic living but wasn't really sure what it was all about. I picked this book up whilst on holiday in a bargain bucket but you know what, it has been one of the most useful books I have. There is lots of really useful information inside that will transform your life and the way you look at the way you live. I read it really casually and dipped in and out not really reading it on a continuous basis but it was really easy to do so. I read snippetts at a time and it was easy to pick up and put down. The information was really clear and a real eye opener. I was shocked actually to read about how toxic our everyday lives have become.

If you want to kick start yout eco, organic and ethical lifestyle this is certainly the book to get you started with. There are small easy steps that you can put in place to get you started and believe me after reading this book you will want to get started and let go of those harsh chemical induced cleaning products.

Read, enjoy and implement!

No comments:

Post a Comment