Well here we go then. The begining of a journey and of course now there has to be a commitment as there is a blog and I will feel some pangs of guilt if I am not updating it! Will I have time? You know what I am gonna make time. People often say they don't have time for this or that but you know what if it is important to you and your life sometimes you just gotta make time!
So I am not doing a whole lot today because I am sick. I have glandular fever which is making me feel pretty fed up to be honest but also determined to change myself and our lives and they way that we are living them. We as a couple both strive for something different we both want to live more sustainably but as Jon says, without becoming a total hippy or non bathing eco warrier! Oh dear that sounded pretty good to me but then I would quite happily live in a shack lol!
Seriously I would. I am so unmaterialistic it is unreal. Just the other day we were shopping and I saw some clothes that I liked. Jon said why don't you get them and I said well I don't need any clothes. I mean come on that is pretty good right? It is true, I have clothes to put on my back. I may not follow the trends of today but at least I am clothed. I would rather live a more spiritually enriching life than materialistic.
So there you are. Not going to make this too long as I may not have anything else to write further down the line. Other than to say that I am pleased with myself today as I took the first real eco step. I walked to the doctors surgery. Normally I would consider jumping in my car and that is sooooo bad as it is only a five minute walk away but I am a lazy bean. The sun was shining and something in my conscious told me to walk so walk I did. Hey you know what... not only did it feel good, I felt good about myself and that is what it is all about right?

sorry you are not well hun, but good for you for walking to the dr's. The lovely weather always gives me that extra push! Looking forward to reading about your eco journey xx
ReplyDelete